Sunday 14 December 2014

10 for $1.00

My progress with "Windowsill Birdhouses" so far.

                         

An afternoon of good light brought me to this place.


I started this 2 nights ago since the light in my corner of the livingroom suuucks and working on either of my larger pieces is impossible at the moment.
 Especially hampered by the stitchery on black aida!
I'm hoping Santa can see his way ")  to bringing me a magnifier and lamp.
my apologies for the blur

I should have this finished tonight.
Any ideas as to what it will become?
Finally, I'll leave you with this little ditty.
Do you remember WOOLCO, the department store? 
My Mom was a divisional supervisor back in the 70's/80's.
I found this in amongst some skeins of floss and thought you might get a kick out of it!


Can you imagine being able to pay that nowadays?!

Do pop over and see all the lovelies @  Serendipitous Stitching Advent Calendar Hop


until next time,
HAPPY STITCHING  ")

3 comments:

  1. Your stitching is looking great and I definitely wish thread was that cheap nowadays!
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were the days .... 10/10! Mind you Walmart is selling this same brand for 44 cents ea. just now - there isn't a lot of variety but a couple of shades of each colour. I can't even imagine stitching on black - kudos to you for doing it. Hopefully Santa fulfills your wish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching. Can't wait to see what it becomes. Wow yeah we all wish!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!