Wednesday 29 January 2014

Thumbing Our Noses

My boys were home yet again as school buses were not running Monday with the -44C temps.
To keep them a little on the busy side, they put together this greenhouse of sorts.
*
*
My oldest had brought a plant home from school last year and was very proud of the fact that it had grown to 14", it was just getting so "all stalk with a tuft of leaves" looking.
I suggested it was high time to try and gain control of the situation before the poor coleus met it's maker. So with the weather at it's worst (again) I dug out an old fish aquarium, cleaned it out, checked the lights (Yay! they work) and the boys proceeded to add action figures and the like.
CJ added some of his drawings along with Dan's as a background! 
They have some orange seeds in here as well that are just starting to sprout!
So Old Man Winter,
we
 choose
 to 

  and bring some green into our scene!
Tomorrow, some stitching pictures.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY GIVEAWAY,
CLICK  *HERE*


6 comments:

  1. And that is entirely the right attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed that I wasn't following you on GFC. How did that happen? Very clever idea for giving the kids something to do! We're supposed to have a big winter storm last week. ugg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool "greenhouse" scene. This winter really has been brutal. I'm sooooo looking forward to Spring. I would use a different drawing, but it would probably offend some people. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So old man winter we choose to... That picture made me laugh. I'm thinking about starting a few seeds on the window sill soon. It's time for a taste of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. -44 ! ho my !! I'd freeze =)
    what a great activity together
    this is really cool
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!