Friday 14 June 2013

Friday's Paper Piecing Adventure

*
I thought today I would show you what can happen when the fabric piece you use 
isn't large enough!
I'll wager that most of those that pp have had this occur

*
can you see my faux pas? It was a little smaller when the block first went together,
I was so PO'd. However, I decided to take things in stride and not fix this but
instead have this block as a constant reminder to
"make sure my pieces of fabric are large enough to cover"
*
*
The finished block :)
*
Check out the other pp'ers hosted by Kristy @  Quiet Play




7 comments:

  1. Well, I've done that! I just do an iron-on patch over it and fuse it (after I've removed the paper). I just make sure I quilt over it. If anyone has noticed, they haven't said anything to me! Hope you are doing well!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes; been there.....lol your block is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just did that! After sewing three pieces on three blocks with the seam allowance on the wrong side, doh! Your block looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done it too - though my mistakes aren't usually so close. I can never get away with leaving mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done that and really don't paper piece or quilt. I saved my block also as a reminder to use more fabric and not skimp like I am used to doing. Thank you for sharing your faux pas. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, been there, done that! Frustrating isn't it! It's a lovely block though!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!