Friday 14 December 2012

Do You French?

*
Ooo lala!!! Va Va Voom!
Oui?
*
Get you minds out of the gutter...honestly!
I'm talking about FRENCH SEAMS people!!
Aren't these so neat and tidy? I love to french...my seams! Sheesh!!
Every seam inside this sucker is frenched, no fraying going on here!
*
*
I've been antsy today to start and finish s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g,
I just wasn't sure what though. Then it hit me,
PILLOWCASES.
I have never sewn one before and I know they're not hard to make,
sew I did! 
I found a 1 meter cut of this sports fabric in my stash that I'd long forgotten about 
and 
voila!
CJ, my soccer player, has a new place to rest his head on tonight.
*
*
Try as I might I could not get the proper shade of orange on Photoscape today
I won this fabric in the fall from her and the colour is a gorgeous, saturated shade that I simply can't capture on my monitor :(
Trust me though it totally rocks with the flames on this pillowcase!
*
*
HAPPY STITCHING ;)
*
11 more sleeps
*

4 comments:

  1. Gawjus pillow cases, my dear. Gotta love doing french seams!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a great way to make pillowcases , it looks great !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice project and love the fabric too.....and ooh la la...those seams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to make a pillow case....someday...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!