Monday 14 January 2013

RSC2013 is in the PINK


*
Finally something to show!
*
Boy, oh boy, it's been a bit of a haul to get to this point with my
Northwinds blocks.  This pattern may seem easy and probably is, when you don't have 
umpteen dozen  other issues  floating around in my head at the same time.
*
*
 So Scrappy's Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013 is proving to be just that, challenging, indeed.
But that's a good thing because spending time getting my brain out of neutral,
 and then out of reverse
(there's a reason I don't  get  driving a standard transmission)
and into drive has got my mind off other family matters for a little while.
*
*
I know they don't look like much right now but when I've placed them together
I can see the Northwinds (also known as Corn and Beans)
coming together, and I like it!
*
I played around with some other pink pieces and ended up with this block
but I'm not sure whether to keep it for the back of this quilt or make this
and more scrappy, one colour placemats. We'll have to see!
*
*
Sew whatcha doing with your scraps?
*

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you're sewing right along. :) Looking forward to following your scrappy progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see a new project well under way. Looking forward to seeing the project laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondered where you have been! Scrapping it up I see! I finally posted on the RSC Linky my first row of scrap blocks! Whooowhoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scrap project is looking good! I understand your dilemma whether to make placemats or the backing for your quilt with the other block - would look fab as either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start, sometimes getting headed in the right direction is the hardest part. Looks like you are all set to go now though.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!