Tuesday 30 October 2012

REMEMBER WHEN...

*
You pulled these out on a rainy/snowy day and just coloured?
*
Have you seen some of the amazing works that have popped up in blogland
using the crayon technique?
I wanted to try this out but was, frankly, worried I was going to screw it up royally.
Wellll...I took the bull by the horns and grabbed a box of my boy's crayons
and coloured!
This is the result
*
*
How fun is this?
*
*
I drew in the shingles and detailed the picture with a fabric marker.
Can you see the difference it makes from the left to the right?
Then I took some black perle cotton and started to randomly hand quilt this piece.
I then stitched in 13 ( for  Halloween, heehee) stars around the picture.
*
*
I think the house was the most fun on this picture but I'm thrilled with the way it turned out.
My DQS partner was very happy too!!
Thank you, Jules!
*
*
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!
PLAY SAFE!


5 comments:

  1. I love it Carolyn! I've been thinking about trying this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I've been using the iron-on to fabric crayons. I'm not so talented as you though! Love that!

    Cheery wave!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting on your WICKED project! Very fun..I wanna play too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!